Books & More
Note: How to Use EBSCO A-to-Z
The LSC Library has a new resource for you to try – EBSCO Integrated Search. It allows you to search multiple sources at one time.
To learn more:
EBSCOhost Integrated Search Tutorial (7 minutes, requires Flash)
LSC Library on Facebook
- EXTENDED LIBRARY HOURS5 days ago
FOR THE WEEK BEFORE FINALS & FINALS WEEK:
Monday–Thursday, December 9th – 12th 8 am – 12 am
Last class day/ Friday, December 13 8 am – 8 pm
Saturday, December 14 9 am – 8 pm
Sunday, December 15 1 pm - 12 am
Monday – Wednesday, December 15th – 18th 8 am – 11 pm Last day of finals /Thursday, December 19th 8 am – 8 pm
Friday, December 20th 8 am – 4 pm
How to Stay Calm During Finals Week
Final exams can be a very stressful time for every college student. Here is some advice to keep you calm and prepared before, during and after finals week.
- Google Books' inclusion of in-copyright books can continue, according to a U.S. District Court ruling. The court considered Google Books' digitization program "fair use", principally because Google Books enables discovery and research, expands access, and preserves cultural history.2 weeks ago
What the Google Book Search fair use decision means for innovators | internetcases
Yesterday the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York granted Google’s motion for summary judgment in the 8-year-running Google Book Search case. The court held that Google’s copying and display of in-copyright books is a noninfringing fair use. The decision is a signal that modern...
- Filmmaker Ken Burns is challenging YOU to Learn the Address - the Gettysburg Address, which celebrates its 150th anniversary this year. Watch the recordings of some of our national figures recite the address or upload your own recording at http://www.learntheaddress.org/.3 weeks ago
Home | Learn the Address
To celebrate the 150th anniversary of the Gettysburg Address, documentarian Ken Burns, along with numerous partners, has launched a national effort to encourage everyone in America to video record themselves reading or reciting the speech.The collection of recordings housed on this site will continu...
- The Library is planning its extended hours for the last week of classes and Finals Week. Which extra hours, on which day(s), would be most valuable to you?4 weeks ago
- The Library's new titles from the month of October have hit the shelves. Follow the link for our Pinterest board or go to http://library.lyndonstate.edu/2013/11/04/3191/ for the full list.1 month ago
New Titles from October 2013
Lyndon State College Library is using Pinterest, an online pinboard to collect and share what inspires you.