Books & More
Note: How to Use EBSCO A-to-Z
The LSC Library has a new resource for you to try – EBSCO Integrated Search. It allows you to search multiple sources at one time.
To learn more:
EBSCOhost Integrated Search Tutorial (7 minutes, requires Flash)
LSC Library on Facebook
- "Libraries will only survive if the communities they serve want and need them to." Does this mean no more books?23 hours ago
Will Libraries Exist in the Future? If So, They’ll Be Very Different.
Around the turn of the 20th century—a golden age for libraries in America—the Snead Bookshelf Company of Louisville, Ky., developed a new system for large-stack library shelving. Snead’s multifloor stack systems can still be seen in many important libraries built in that era, for instance at Harvard…
- The Library will open at 1pm as usual on Easter Sunday (4/20/14), but close early at 8pm.5 days ago
- The U.S. House of Representatives Budget Committee is considering a proposal that would eliminate the Institute of Museum and Library Services, the leading federal source of financial support for the nation's libraries, museums and archives. Losing this support would mean extensive cuts to library and museum services. If libraries and museums are important to you, your family or your community, please consider adding your name to this petition of support: http://wh.gov/lduSR6 days ago
Release a statement that funding libraries and museums is a core federal responsibility. | We...
The current proposed House Budget says "The Federal Institute of Museum and Library Services is an independent agency that makes grants to museums and libraries. This is not a core federal responsibility". We would like the White House Administration to release a statement that having an informed an...
- We're celebrating National Library Week with cake and punch! Drop by this afternoon to celebrate with us: 1:00pm till gone.6 days ago
Celebrate National Library Week 2014! | At Your Library
Celebrate National Library Week 2014 (April 13-19, 2014) with the theme, Lives change @ your library. National Library Week Honorary Chair: Judy Blume. Share your story for the chance to win a Kindle Fire.
- The Library's new books, DVDs and audiobooks have hit the shelves!2 weeks ago
Full list: http://library.lyndonstate.edu/2014/04/04/new-titles-for-march-2014/
New Titles from March 2014 on Pinterest
Explore Lyndon State College Library's hand-picked collection of Pins about New Titles from March 2014 on Pinterest.