The library depends on its team of friendly, enthusiastic and hard-working student workers. We currently have one vacancy for a student who is eligible for Work-Study funding. If you are interested in joining our team, speak with Elizabeth Conklin at the library or send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Collections Assistant III
The Cataloging Office at Lyndon provides service to patrons by processing all materials (print, non-print, and electronic items) for our library which includes special collections: Archives, Vermont Collection and the Instructional Materials Center. The Office also ensures that those materials are labeled appropriately and accurately reflected in the VSC Library catalog. Work study students in the Cataloging Office are an integral part of these processes.
- Processing of new materials which may involve stamping, bar-coding
- Label creation and application
- Filing, shelving new special collection materials
- Maintaining the special collections
- Other duties in the Cataloging Office as needed.
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to work without supervision
- High degree of responsibility and dependability
- Preferred: Knowledge of the library online catalog, OCLC
- Daytime – flexible.
- The position requires five to six hours per week, to be arranged with the Library Cataloger.