The Library has more than 80,000 volumes on its shelves, organized according to the Dewey Decimal System (DDC). Click here for a quick guide to DDC.
- 3rd floor: Reference books, course reserves and a selection of the Library’s newest acquisitions.
- 2nd floor: DDC 000s-800s and the Library’s Special Collections.
- 1st floor: DDC 900s.
Using the catalog
To look for books (or other resources) within the VSC library system, use the VSC online catalog website.
Or you can use BookMyne, a free mobile app that enables you to search the catalog on your iPhone, iPad or Android device. It contains many of the website’s functions, including access to your personal library account, as well as suggestions for book choices.
- For iPhones and iPads, get the app from iTunes by clicking on the blue “View in iTunes” button at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bookmyne/id350625461?mt=8
- For Android devices, get the app from AppBrain: http://www.appbrain.com/app/bookmyne-%28beta%29/sirsidynix.bookmyne
- In the app, search “Libraries” to find the Lyndon State College library.
- You can now search the catalog; place and cancel hold requests; place interlibrary loan requests; check your account details; and renew checked-out items.
There is more information about this app at http://www.sirsidynix.com/iphone/apps/bookmyne/.
For more information about the catalog website or the app, Ask a Librarian!
The Library also provides access to many e-books through our subscription to EBSCO’s e-book collection. All e-books have records in the VSC Online Catalog, where they are designated “[electronic resource]“. For more information about e-books, click here.
The Library does not usually have class textbooks, but you should check the VSC online catalog to make sure. Search by title (remember to select Library:Lyndon State College) or click on “Reserve Desk” and search by instructor or class.
For information on where to find textbooks and how to save money when buying them, see the Library’s guide here: http://libguides.lyndonstate.edu/textbooks