Items not found in the SRH Library collections may be available from other libraries through interlibrary loan (ILL). Current Lyndon State College students, faculty and staff and officially-retired Lyndon State College faculty and staff may use the SRH Library ILL service. Guest borrowers are directed to their local public library for ILL services. Guest borrowers are community members who are not employed by or not officially retired from Lyndon State College. Due to the cost of ILL, the SRH Library cannot make exceptions to this policy.
Before making an ILL request
Before making an ILL request, please check whether the item is in our collections. If not, please check whether there is an alternative item that would be a satisfactory alternative.
- For books and DVDs: VSC Online Catalog
- For articles: Library Journals List.
- For help searching the catalog or the journals list, contact the Reference Desk in person, at (802) 626-6450 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Books and DVDs: other VSC libraries
The VSC Online Catalog is our discovery tool for all of the VSC libraries. First, select “All Libraries” before searching. To request a non-LSC item, click on “Place Request” and follow the directions.
Books and DVDs: non-VSC libraries
- If the item is not available at LSC or any of the other VSC libraries, fill out the Book or Media Request Form.
- We will send a notification message to your LSC email account when the item is available.
Newspaper, magazine and journal articles
- Make sure you have the complete citation of the article you need.
- If the article is not available in our collections, fill out the Article Request Form.
- Normally, we will send a copy of the article to your LSC email account as an attachment.
For more information or assistance with ILL, come to the library, email email@example.com or call (802) 626-6449.